Every dentist recommends preventive dental care to avoid the development of major oral health concerns later in life. Are you curious about the advantages of preventive dentistry? Our dentists at Baymeadows Park Dental have provided a list of benefits in this blog.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is a series of regular activities that can help improve dental health. Brushing and flossing should be part of a daily routine that includes frequent dental examinations and expert teeth cleaning. These practices will keep you healthy by preventing the development of dental disorders. The best dentists in Jacksonville provide several preventive dentistry services at our dental office.
What Are The Advantages Of Preventive Dentistry?
Your favorite Jacksonville dentist has given a list of benefits that can help you to better understand the importance of these services.
Regular visits to the dental office can help in the early detection of problems. Your Jacksonville dentist can search for signs of periodontal disease or bruxism in your mouth. Signs of oral cancer can also be detected with thorough physical examinations. This will help to get rid of the problem on time and keep you safe from bacterial illnesses and diseases.
Helps To Maintain Your Smile
Visiting your Jacksonville dentist on a regular basis might help you avoid tooth decay and discoloration. Professional dental cleaning is necessary for addition to routine brushing and flossing. Otherwise, you may need to require professional teeth whitening treatments later in life. It is preferable to avoid staining from a young age by practicing good oral hygiene and attending your appointments.
Prevents Cavity Formation
Cavities can cause pulp deterioration and possibly tooth loss if left untreated. This is why, in order to avoid cavities, brushing and flossing should be done on a regular basis. Visit your dentist in Jacksonville for fluoride treatments and the application of dental sealants to cure cavities and prevent future decay. Preventive dentistry is beneficial in preventing the formation of cavities.
Address Joint Disorders
Bruxism and temporomandibular joint diseases can occur at any moment. You might not even be aware of it. The symptoms of these disorders can only be diagnosed by a dental care professional. If left untreated, it can result in major jaw misalignment and severe headaches.
Prevents Other Health Issues
Oral hygiene is linked with general health. Missing your regular dental treatments could result in you missing out on an early diagnosis of other severe disorders that could harm your entire body. As a result, preventive dentistry is both useful and necessary in this regard.
We hope this blog has helped you to understand the advantages of preventive dentistry. Looking for the best preventive dentistry services in Jacksonville, FL? Book an appointment with us at Baymeadows Park Dental and enjoy our wide range of dental services.
If a person has pain when chewing food, or if their teeth suddenly become sensitive to hot and cold temperatures, one of their teeth may be fractured. Anyone who feels they have a cracked tooth should visit our dentist as soon as possible. If a cracked tooth is not repaired, it can cause more difficulties, pain, and discomfort over time.
What are the symptoms?
A cracked tooth might not always create symptoms. People frequently have fractured teeth without realizing it. Some cracks are not dangerous and may not require treatment. However, if a person experiences any of the following symptoms, they may have a more extensive sort of crack that necessitates dental treatment:
- Discomfort while eating, especially when chewing or biting.
- Gums that are inflamed around the cracked tooth.
- Teeth that have suddenly developed a sweet tooth sensitivity.
- Teeth that have developed a sudden sensitivity to hot or cold foods.
- Recurring pain.
- Uncertainty in the area of the teeth and gums.
How are cracked teeth repaired?
The type of therapy is determined by the extent of the tooth’s damage. Inquire with our dental staff about the best treatment option for you:
- Bonding- This is the process of filling a fissure with a plastic resin. It can readily repair a minor chip at the biting edge of the tooth. Bonding might help to restore the form of the teeth.
- Cosmetic contouring- It is used when the chip is very small. To conceal the crack, the rough edges of the tooth are softened and polished.
- Veneers- These are appropriate when there is still a good quantity of teeth remaining because they are long-lasting and require the least amount of teeth to be removed first. A veneer is a thin covering of porcelain or acrylic that is designed to cover the front surface of the tooth.
- Crowns- They are utilized when a tooth is too damaged for a veneer. A crown fits over the remaining portion of the tooth, strengthening it and giving it the appearance of a natural tooth. If the nerve is injured and becomes infected, you may need root canal therapy first. This entails cleaning out the root canal of any infection. To prevent additional infections, the root is cleaned and filled. To provide further support, the tooth would be fitted with a crown.
We hope this blog has helped you understand what fractured teeth are. Many people have fractured teeth at some point in their lives. There are several methods available to save the tooth and your look. While a fracture can be fixed, unlike a broken bone, a cracked tooth can never be completely cured. However, quick treatment increases your chances of saving your tooth and avoiding infection and further harm. So, if you want the best cosmetic dentistry solution for cracked teeth in Jacksonville, FL, come to Baymeadows Park Dental. It is our goal to save all of our patient’s teeth for life. Proper diagnosis and crack therapy will provide care that is both long-lasting and predictable.
Sleep apnea is a kind of sleep disorder that causes breathing problems while you’re asleep. Obesity and age play a major role in the advancement of this condition.
There are two primary kinds of sleep apnea—Central and Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Check out its Symptoms:
- Frequent, loud snoring
- Sleep interruptions or insomnia
- You wake up from sleep with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Choking, snorting or gasping while asleep
- Daytime sleepiness and fatigue
- Get up several times during the night to urinate
Few home remedies to cure Sleep Apnea and get a better sleep experience:
If you’re suffering from mild cases of sleep apnea, just little changes in your lifestyle may be enough to treat this issue. Follow the given below instructions-
- Lose weight. Once you lose weight, it easily can open up your throat and minimize your symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Daily exercise. Do aerobic exercise, or yoga, or resistance training daily to strengthen the muscles in your airways and to breathe better.
- Sleep on your side. To lie on your back is the worst position if you are suffering from sleep apnea. It makes your jaw, tongue, and other soft tissues drop back toward the throat, and this narrows your air passage.
But if you lay on your side, it allows you to keep your airway open. You can even lie on your belly. And if you lie on your back, remember to keep your head elevated.
- Avoid taking alcohol, anti-anxiety medication, and other sedatives, generally before bedtime. When you take all these, it makes your throat muscles relax and disturbs breathing.
- You can use a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device when you sleep. A CPAP device is a solution that helps to keep your airways open. All you gotta do is wear a mask over your mouth and nose while you go to sleep. This mask is connected to a device that pumps air into your throat through a hose. And it inflates the throat and prevents it from getting collapsed!
- Surgery may also be a treatment option in few cases. But let your dentist always decide what’s apt for you!
Various health hazards can also happen due to sleep apnea—and sometimes even life-threatening. Therefore, you shouldn’t leave it untreated. Health issues caused by sleep apnea include:
- Excessive sleepiness.
- Increases mood disorders like depression and anxiety.
- High blood pressure.
- Worsens your memory and loss of the ability to concentrate.
- Triggered headaches.
- Weight gain.
- Chances of strokes, irregular heartbeats
- Metabolic abnormalities.
- Liver complications.
You can get in touch with Baymeadows Park Dental if you want to receive the best treatment for sleep apnea conditions in Jacksonville, FL. Our Dentist in Jacksonville will diagnose the precise extent of the condition and can prescribe a suitable treatment plan. Book an appointment and we’re happy to help you.