Most people will notice your smile as one of the first features they notice about you. What if a tooth requires modest treatment to make your smile shine? This is where a dental veneer can help to improve your smile. Dental veneers are an excellent choice for correcting a wide range of physical and cosmetic issues with your teeth.
What are Dental Veneers?
Before we begin, here is an overview of dental Veneers. Dental veneers are custom-made pieces that are used to conceal or correct dental problems, such as:
- Discoloration and stains
- Little missing parts and chips
- Gaps between teeth
Dental veneers serve to improve a person’s teeth’ appearance. They may be useful for persons looking for a long-term solution to persistent cosmetic issues, particularly those that have not responded to previous dental treatments such as teeth whitening, braces, or retainers.
A dentist will normally remove a little portion of enamel, which is the thin protective outer surface of the teeth, during the installation process. As a result, once the veneers are placed by the dentist, they cannot be removed or avoided.
Why Do People Use Veneers?
Veneers are popular among patients since they are a low-cost treatment choice. Instead of getting braces, costly teeth whitening treatments, extracting a tooth, or getting a dental crown to improve the appearance of your teeth, veneers will accomplish it for you, but only if you are a good candidate for them. Visit Baymeadows Park Dental to learn more about the best cosmetic dental care in Jacksonville, FL.
Who is a Suitable Candidate for Dental Veneers?
Veneers are an excellent cosmetic dental treatment option for many people. If you’re thinking about having veneers, here are a few indicators that you might be a suitable candidate:
- Desire to correct significantly discolored or stained teeth – veneers can eliminate discoloration or stains on your teeth that do not respond to regular teeth whitening treatments.
- Desire to remove stains caused by significant dental decay or previous fillings.
- If you need to address tiny flaws in your teeth, veneers can readily fix cracks, misaligned teeth, and chipping.
- Desire to address many cosmetic issues with your teeth at the same time – veneers can whiten, straighten, and shape a single tooth or group of teeth all in one treatment.
- Patients must have healthy gums and teeth to have good oral health. If your gums and teeth are unhealthy, you can seek therapy to enhance their condition, which may qualify you for veneers.
- Sufficient tooth enamel is required – your natural teeth must have enough enamel remaining after the tiny layer is removed to create a strong bonding surface for the veneer.
- Veneers can repair slightly crooked or misaligned teeth if they are straight or relatively straight. However, if your teeth are excessively misaligned, the veneers may be put under too much pressure and crack.
- The ability to refrain from chewing on your nails, crunching hard candies or food, or nibbling on pencils – all of these unhealthy habits can harm veneers.
- Do not grind your teeth or clench your teeth at night.
- Regularly practice good oral hygiene, which includes daily brushing and flossing as well as regular checkups with your dentist for basic cleanings.
We hope this blog has helped you learn more about veneers. Get in touch with our dentists at Baymeadows Park Dental if you’re looking for the best cosmetic dental service in Jacksonville, FL. Give us a call right away!