Tooth extractions are a common treatment and are undergone by many to remove a tooth or teeth. You may be worried about the healing process whether you are about to have an extraction or just got it completed. There are some tips for that which will help you heal rapidly and effectively.
The thing about healing from tooth extraction is that there is an aftercare cycle and that allows you to do certain things while avoiding other things. Here are the do’s and don’ts of your recovery from tooth extraction, including:
- Continue to change the gauze applied regularly to prevent infections
- Take any medications the doctor prescribes and in time
- Try to raise your head as high as possible- you can stop lying down entirely
- Eat easy-to-chew food
- Drink milk shakes and juices
- As surprising as it may sound, it’s advisable that you eat ice cream, because it does help.
- DON’T smoke, chew tobacco or drink alcohol; these are all activities that harm the teeth and gums and can cause recovery problems
- Do not drink with a straw because sucking will force the blood clot out of the tooth-extracted region and cause infection and pain.
- Do not suck on toffees or lollipops- they use the sucking action again
- Do not eat hard foods or foods that require you to bite hard, as it can harm the healing area and delay recovery
- Don’t drink hot drinks
- Do nothing to cause your socket to bleed or become dry.
If you look at the do’s and don’ts, you’ll know the process of healing is just like a holiday – consuming healthy foods, feeling happy, etc. For those who are used to smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking or eating sweets, the don’ts may seem difficult but these are essential things to avoid at all costs. In fact , the process of recovery from tooth extraction is the fastest and most uncomplicated, if you just let yourself rest and avoid harmful things. The healing cycle works perfectly alone as long as you obey the basic guidelines. When you do abide by these guidelines, you will prevent discomfort and a difficult healing cycle.
When there are some problems, such as having an infection or a dry socket, you can immediately contact your dentist near you and they will assist you with the remedy. Do not take any issue lightly – you should go to the dentist as soon as possible if the area bleeds, feels wrong, hurts excessively or some other concern related to that. Get the best dentist in Jacksonville FL for a tooth extraction.